I get asked almost and by people whose lives have been affected by a dart-out accident or a crosswalk accident…”What exactly is Pedestrian Awareness Crosswalk Education”?
PACE TULSA AGS, is the brainchild of my “New Walk With The Miraculous.”
“What is Pedestrian Awareness Crosswalk Education”?
- Children’s Safety Clubs
- Reduce and Enforce Speed Limits
- Elementary-Age Child Pedestrian Training
- Conspicuous Recognition Enhancement
- Child School Bus Training
- Targeted Enforcement 8
- Safe Routes to School
- Driver Training
- Impaired Pedestrians: Communications and Outreach
- Pedestrian Gap Acceptance Training
- “Sweeper” Patrols of Impaired Pedestrians
- 7 University Educational Campaign
My interest in Pedestrian Crossings and Public Safety Education is a result of my involvement in a vehicle injury in early 2013.
One day as I am paused waiting on a crosswalk light to signal me to move forward a huge red pickup truck pulled up to the light at a busy intersection and comes to a complete stop. While the driver is waiting on the traffic light to turn green he looks at me waiting on the signal light in the pedestrian crossing lane to turn white. As soon as, I get the go ahead to cross all of a sudden he revs up his engine and proceeds forward slamming into both my shins catching me up underneath his bumper.
Our Vision 2017 is “To Develop Core Ideological Goals that ‘Impact Peoples’ Lives’ in an Objective Way leading to Firm Commitments; Employable Decisions, and Creative Solutions for Our World.”
Public transportation provides people with mobility and access to employment, community resources, medical care, and recreational opportunities in communities across America. It benefits those who choose to ride, as well as, those who have no other transportation. Over 90 percent of public assistance recipients do not own a car; and must rely on public transportation. Public Transit provides a basic mobility service to these persons and to all others without access to a car.
- There is a lack of understanding about protected pedestrian crosswalk designs?
- There is a failure of pedestrians to obey pedestrian traffic laws?
- There is a failure of drivers to look for pedestrians in crosswalks that are unmarked
- Pedestrian perceptions about walking in dark conditions?
- Pedestrians & drivers unaware of distractions?
- A Lack of public safety awareness education online resources.
With all of those concerns being explored and studied our organization has proposed the following solutions to the pedestrian awareness crosswalk education public transportation policy in the United States.
- Increase awareness about pedestrian safety issues through online implementation.
- Motivating pedestrians to obey pedestrian traffic laws.
- Pedestrian traffic control devices (signs, signals, etc.)
- Encouraging drivers to pay attention and stop for pedestrians
- Inform Pedestrians about Public Transportation Policy.
If you or someone you know would like to know more about or organization or Public Awareness Crosswalk Education please feel free to browse or website and interact by email or comments at any time.
Our best expectations are realized in the ‘spirit of benevolence.’ That is why I’m humbly reaching out to you again for support.
© 2018 | PACE TULSA AGS FOUNDATION. “Pedestrian Awareness Crosswalk Education is an online think-tank intersecting awareness of public transportation policy in the United States.”